7th High Degustation

Thursday, July 18, 2013

I was invited to meet the PR Manager of 7th High, Ms Abbi Gabasa one Wednesday night. She wanted to meet us personally and get to know us bloggers. She was pretty and very charming. She shared on how they came up with a unique concept for 7th High and how they are constantly researching of ways to get their patrons hooked. She also toured us to the whole building to see the scene 7th High has to offer.

We were lucky that we were also asked to try some of the new dishes they will soon be offering at 7th High. We were able to meet Chef Joaquin Migallos, the resident chef at 7th High. He walked us through the new dishes they would be offerring soon at 7th High. He shared to us how he thought of ways to make the dishes interesting and at the same time appetizing for 7th High customers.

Here are some of the dishes we tried:
(WARNIING: A LOT of food photo after the jump)



Quesidillas with fresh mango salsa
The quesidillas are good. Not too dry but definitely meaty. The mango salsa was so fresh, I liked the combination.


Chicken Milanese with Feta Salad
This became an instant favorite. The blend of flavors are new to my taste buds. The Feta Salad became a favorite of mine.


Roast Pork Belly
The roast pork belly was served with pumpkin potato mash and bacon sauteed spinach and honey bourbon gastrique as side dish instead of the typical rice. The side dish was a sure hit for me. At first I thought that it was a sweet potato mash, and was surprised that it was pumpkin infused mashed potato. The sauteed spinach with bacon and gastrique complemented the mash giving enough savory flavors to both the pork belly and mash. The pork belly was okay but along with the side dish, the flavor tasted nice.


Owosso Bucco with saffron risotto gremolata
It was my first time trying this dish and I didn't know what to expect with the Owosso Bucco. I haven't tasted the bone marrow, from which I was told should be the highlight of the dish. The meat is okay and the risotto was fine.


Baby Back Ribs
This was served with the same pumpkin potato mash and bacon sauteed spinach and honey bourbon gastrique side dish. The ribs are okay, not your melt off the bone type but definitely filling. And the side, need I say more? FAVE!

And for desserts, we had these two:


Churros with Choco dip
The churros was very tasty, crunchy in the outside, soft and yummy in the inside. The chocolate dip was not too chocolatey an not viscous. I'm not sure if the choco dip should be a bit fudgey or not. But it would taste better I think if the chocolate taste was prominent.


Crepe Suzette
I just had a bite of this because I was too full. I like my dessert sweet and the crepe does it. This is a good option to cap off as a dessert.


We were lucky because for that night, they have Marki Stroem to serenade the diners at the Apex Lounge. We can't stop gushing over how charming and how smooth Marki's jazz voice is. It was my first time seeing him perform. I was awed on how fluent his Tagalog was, specially singing Ronnie Liang's Ngiti.

Marki Stroem with Ms. Abby and other bloggers
Thank you Aldous for the invite! I'd definitely go back to dine at the Apex Lounge. I am always intrigued by the fact that almost everyone says that anything with truffle oil tastes amazing. So I wanted to try their Wild Mushroom Pasta and Mushroom Truffle Pizza when I saw it on their menu. I love mushrooms, so I am intrigued on how this combination would taste. Adobo pizza is a best seller at the Apex Lounge, so I would want to know how good this is.


7th High is one of Manila's premiere boutique nightspot situated at the very posh Bonifacio HighStreet. 7th High has three areas: The APEX Lounge, which is used for live performances and dining reservations; The Club, the main club that can fit 500+ people which hosted several concert after parties featuring international artists such as Bruno Mars, Apl de Ap (Black Eyed Peas) and Mike Posner; and The Club Room, which is more like a VIP lounge with VIP suites and concierge service and can also be used for private functions.


7th HIGH
B3, Quadrant 4, Bonifacio HighStreet
7th Avenue, Taguig
website
Facebook Page
Twitter page


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Was invited to party at 7th High before but couldnt make it for some reason. Next time i get an invitation.. i think i will surely go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those quesadilla looked nice and delicious! Ugh I really should try exploring around BGC pubs soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks yummy! Would definitely try then out one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohemgee ang gwapo ni Marki! Hahahaha! You got me at the first photo, I love Quesadilla, kahit na yung quesadilla na binebenta sa school namin eh hindi masyadong meaty. I got intrigued with the mango salsa, puto tomato lang kasi na experience ko. And oh wait, I want to taste the Crepe Suzette, because it has my first name. Hahaha! Pero ang pinakamasarap na dessert, I think, ay s Marki! hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was not included in the group pic =\ sayang para Makita ng mga tao mas gwapo ako kay markki haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so lucky to stumble on this one of the best random meals here in the Philippines. Hope I can also attend that kind of food appreciation.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Featured Post

Unwrapping Joy: The Enticing Charm of Advent Calendars

The holiday season is upon us, and with it comes the magic of Christmas. One delightful tradition that adds to the anticipation and exciteme...