Tea Monkey Pasig: More than just Milk Tea

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

As you know, I love a good milk tea. I have tried almost all leading milk tea places and know which drinks I liked one from another. A cute new store opened at SM Pasig. I first got a glimpse of it after I had my pampaerings session at Pink Parlour. I tried their milk tea and was glad that they had a unique taste which makes them a bit different that the leading milk tea places.


Tea Monkey Tamayaki and Tea is a quaint milktea place in SM Hypermart Pasig, tucked between a bread store and near a children's play pen. What will make you do a double take is their cute interior walls which will consists of different monkey paintings and all things fun.


When I first dropped by their store during their soft opening phase, I tried their Tea Monkey Special Milk Tea, which I give an approving nod and had been ordering it ever since whenever I'm in the area.

Tea Monkey Special (Php100)

Im back at Tea Monkey again for a foodie meetup to try not only their milk tea but the different snacks that may go well with your milk tea order.

Tamayaki


Tamayaki (Php100-120)

As its name impplies Tamayaki is one of Tea Monkey's best sellers. It is similar to a takoyaki but with a different taste. I didn't like the taste of takoyaki because I find it weird, but Tamayaki was different. It's like a soft waffle filled with bits of shrimp, clams and octopus in it, splashed with a savory teriyaki like sauce, japanese mayo and topped with katsuboshi, that makes it lip-smackingly good.

You can have the King Kong, Gorilla George and Charlie Chimp. The only difference of the three is that one is the original flavor, the other have a sweet chili sauce and the other is wasabi. I specially loved the original savory flavor.

Quaffles

Quaffles (Php80 each)

Tea Monkey's quaffles is a hybid of a waffle and mochi. Their waffles were chewy as a mochi yet soft and a bit crunchy as a waffle.

Chocolate Quaffles

Matcha Quaffles

Strawberry Quaffles

Original (white) and Mango (yellow) Quaffles

There are a lot of flavors for the quaffles. You can choose from the original, blueberry, chocolate, matcha, mango and strawberry. You can eat it as is or add a helping of maple syrup.

Hunger Busters

If your tummy is hungry that you can eat a dinosaur, fear not for Tea Monkey also offers sandwiches and rice meal dishes at their store. You can choose which meat you want, either chicken fillets or pork belly cuts, and you can also have it in three different flavors, Honey, Cumin and Black Pepper. I suggest you try their cumin flavored meats for a savoryngly unique taste.

Black Pepper Chicken Fillets

Black Pepper Chicken Fillet Sandwich

Black Pepper Pork Belly 

Also, you can choose if you want flavored meat over rice or in sandwich form. Their rice is also different because it is similar to a lemak rice,but instead of coconut, they infused the rice with nori to make it more fragrant and for an added taste.

Overall, it came as a surprise that I liked Tea Monkey's Tamayaki. I don't ususally eat takoyaki, but their version is simply different. Now, if ever I'm in the area, I can pair my favorite Tea Monkey Special Milk tea with Tamayaki or a Hungry Buster dish for a complete meal experience. Thank you Zomato and Tea Monkey for the fun Zomato Foodie Meetup! ;)

Download the Zomato App and let's follow each other, shall we?


Tea Monkey Tamayaki and Tea
SM Center Pasig
Like their Facebook Page
Follow them at Instagram at @teamonkeyph

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Thanks for publishing such best knowledge with us. You are doing such a great job. This info is very helpful for everyone. Keep it up. Thanks.Best Vegan Costa Mesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very thankful to you for sharing this best knowledge. This information is helpful for everyone. So please always share this kind of knowledge. Thanks. coconut bowls uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice info, I am very thankful to you that you have shared this special information with us. I got some different kind of knowledge from your web page, and it is really helpful for everyone. Thanks for share it. edgware road dessert

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest your article is informative and very helpful. After I saw your site I read it and it helped me a lot. Best Restaurants in Rajpura

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really a great and helpful bit of data that you have shared here. I'm glad that you just imparted this accommodating data to us. Kindly share these types knowledge with us. Much thanks to you for sharing it.Japanese restaurant in La Jolla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very thankful to you that you have shared this information with us. I got some different kind of knowledge from your web page, and it is really helpful for everyone. Thanks for share it. Read more info about Baklava Sweets Online Delivery

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for publishing such best knowledge with us. You are doing such a great job. This info is very helpful for everyone. Keep it up. Thanks.Read more info about Food Photographers in Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent job, this is great information which is shared by you. This info is meaningful and factual for us to increase our knowledge about it. about Glasgow Cake Shop So please always keep sharing this type of information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are providing such an informative article here. You have described everything which is easily understandable to everyone Natural Food Color Supplier Keep sharing this kind of articles, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found decent information in your article.Wholesale Frozen Meat Manufacturer I am impressed with how nicely you described this subject, It is a gainful article for us. Thanks for share it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read the above article and I got some data from your article. It's truly great and accommodating data for us. Appreciation for share it.Food Distributors Near Me

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Featured Post

Unwrapping Joy: The Enticing Charm of Advent Calendars

The holiday season is upon us, and with it comes the magic of Christmas. One delightful tradition that adds to the anticipation and exciteme...