SuperDuck: A Modern Tea Shop in Ortigas

Thursday, August 08, 2013

All of us know that drinking Tea has a lot of health benefits. Tea contains antioxidants which helps prevent diseases like heart diseases, neurological diseases and also cancer. Tea aids in digestion and improves bone mineral density.


Tea Drinking is an uncommon culture in the country as compared to our neighboring Asian countries who drinks tea regularly. Filipinos doesn't have an acquired taste for tea. But as we are adapt with the changes in our lifestyle, tea drinking has been adapted and was made to suit our taste through the popular milk tea. As we all know, the Tea Shop industry had made its way to the market here in the country through the introduction of milk tea. I,myself LOVE milk tea. Milk Tea shops can now be seen anywhere, especially in shopping malls.


I can say that I had tried plenty of milk tea shops in the metro. It was my first time hearing about SuperDuck. SuperDuck originated in Lu Kang, Changhua County, one of the Top 10 Small Tourist Towns in Taiwan. It's their first shop here in the Philippines and I was grateful that I was invited to sample their teas.



SuperDuck offers a wide variety of Teas, making their menu an extensive one, with a lot of options to choose from. When we had our sampling, I didn't expect to taste almost half of what was on the menu. IT was a good thing because i was able to learn the different kinds of tea they have and had tasted some unique flavors.


For starters, we were able to taste their selection of tea (served iced) like Ceylon black tea, Jasmine green tea, Oolong Tea, Golden Oolong Tea, Wenshan Clear Tea, Tie Guan Yin Tea, and Japanese Green Tea. I'm not fond of flower scented teas so I wasn't fond of the Jasmin Green Tea. I loved teas that are dark and a bit roasted. Ceylon Black Tea is commonly used in major Milk Tea shops here so I'm quite familiar with the taste, The Oolong Tea had been a favorite of mine for it's a bit tamer taste, so the Golden Oolong Tea was an instant hit. It was my first tasting the Wenshan Clear Tea and Tie Guan Yin Tea and I can say I liked it as well.

Some of their Tea leaves selection
We sample some of their fruit tea blends: Roselle Plum with fig jelly, Longgan Honey green tea, Peach green Tea, Mixed Fruit Green Tea, Heineken Green Tea, Rose Petal juice with Lemon, and Passion fruit with Perilla seeds. I loved how their fruit teas had the fruity taste rather than the tea taste. The fruit flavors was able to mask the distinct bitter taste of tea. I was amused how the Rose Petal juice with lemon tasted okay, the flowery scent and taste was not prominent as well as the Heineken Green Tea. It was my first time tasting the perilla seeds, which I found very interesting.

And of course who would miss tasting their Milk tea, we tasted their Signature milk tea, Classic milk tea, Oolong milk tea with 3 jelly, Wenshan milk tea with coffee jelly, Tie Guan Yin milk tea with coco jelly and Longgan red dates milk tea. What stood out for me would be the Wenshan Milk Tea with coffee Jelly. I loved it to bits. The others were good too. 

We also sampled some of their specialty drinks like Mango Ice Smoothie, Stawberry Yakult, French Rose Milk, Almond Milk, Chocolate Nai Kai and their Taiwan Herbal Jelly Dessert which is the counterpart of our Pinoy Halo-Halo. The Taiwan herbal Jelly Dessert is a combination of their sinkers mixed with milk. Their Strawberry Yakult is an original recipe which became a hit to their customers. The strawberry yakult is made with strawberry jam which brings out the strawberry flavor best.

SuperDuck serves vegan snacks called Quakers. I loved all their quakers because they are all tasty and appetizing. We tasted the V-Nuggets, Tofu Bites, Shroom Fries and V-Fish and Fries. I suggest you taste all of the quakers. These snacks could be a good option for health/diet conscious people along with their tea drinks.

SuperDuck Quakers.. YUM!
I can say it was tea sampling at its best. Tea really does wonder to one's health because my digestion had improved within the week after the sampling. I wish they would open a branch in Makati for I know a lot of people who loved milk tea and would love to try their extensive menu (That includes ME! ^__^ ).


SuperDuck
Unit 111 A&B AIC Burgundy Tower,
Garnet St. Cor. ADB Avenue,
Ortigas, Pasig City
superduckphil@gmail.com
Tel: +63-570-2292
Globe: 0917-891-0697
Sun: 0933-720-3188

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This shop is amazing! I've been there last summer, they have rich collection of chinese teas, but i can't order it from my town, that's why if i need tieguanyin, i am using Kent and Sussex co and similar online shops.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Featured Post

Unwrapping Joy: The Enticing Charm of Advent Calendars

The holiday season is upon us, and with it comes the magic of Christmas. One delightful tradition that adds to the anticipation and exciteme...