About Detoxifcation

Thursday, August 01, 2013

What is Detoxification?


Detoxification is the process of naturally eliminating the free radicals or toxins that had been accumulated in our body as an effect of our daily lifestyle. It does this by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph and skin. Detoxification helps purge out the harmful toxins in our body, cleaning the bloodstream and recharging body organs.

A detox program process includes:



1) Resting the organs through fasting;
2) Stimulating the liver to drive toxins from the body;
3) Promoting elimination through the intestines, kidneys and skin;
4) Improving circulation of the blood; and
5) Refueling the body with healthy nutrients.


Detoxification may be a good idea for people who had been struggling with their weight, because it had been proven to help weight loss but mostly Detoxification will greatly help jump start one's body towards a healthy lifestyle.


On a personal note:

Lately, I've been feeling a bit sluggish and anxious. One night, I had difficulty sleeping and was having a hard time to breathe, resulting of missing work and spending my weekend in bed. I panicked at first because I thought I'm having an asthma attack (I was diagnosed having an acute asthma 5 years ago). I only had an asthma attack once, after that, I made sure to take care of my health and strengthen my respiratory system through cardio activities.

That weekend was not good because I was experiencing erratic breathing problem, simultaneously with a scratchy cough and allergic rhinitis both in the nasal cavity and skin (which is usually a bad combination for me).

The feeling progressed for a week, and somehow, I realized that maybe, this is a wake-up call, a sign that my body is telling me. Detoxification came in my mind. I tried doing the Master Cleanse years back for weight loss, and it's quite effective. I did lose weight and also felt lighter and better. I am planning on how I would go through detoxification again without interfering with my daily activities.

More about my Master Cleanse Experience here


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Featured Post

Unwrapping Joy: The Enticing Charm of Advent Calendars

The holiday season is upon us, and with it comes the magic of Christmas. One delightful tradition that adds to the anticipation and exciteme...