Adrenaline Rush at CityKart Racing Circuit Makati

Tuesday, May 06, 2014

CityKart Racing was formerly situated at one of the parking floors of Park Square. But then Park Square had been demolished so they transferred to Circuit Manila. We went last March, and the circuit was already complete. They were still in soft opening then.


Circuit Makati is still on construction. But we were amazed to see how fast it's coming. The Blue Stadium was already complete the same as the CityKart Racing. They were not yet there the last time we went (last December).


Yes, I wore a cut-out dress and sneaker wedge to drive. ahaha!

It was hard to navigate by car going to their site due to the construction. But if you are commuting, better go through the Globe Open Grounds Stadium and go through the back of the skatepark.

My surprise gift for Soshi on his birthday (aside from the wakeboard weekend) was to try Kart Racing. I saw a deal for an opening discount at CityKart Racing and bought it immediately. It was a voucher for two rides of 12 minutes for two people with a free sandwich.

After Soshi's last wakeboard fix in the morning, we drove to Makati to try kart racing. I was going to let Soshi take the spotlight and use both rides, because it's his birthday (and also I'm afraid to drive). But unfortunately the voucher is for two people so I unwillingly claimed the other one.

According to their website, they are open in the late afternoon till midnight. But when we arrived there, they told us that they are open till 7PM that day because they haven't finished installing the lights in the area. They opened the place once the track was completed because they have a lot of regulars who were itching to get behind the wheels. The restaurant, where we should have redeemed the free sandwich was still in construction.


Here we are giddy trying the track, all dressed with jumpsuit and helmet along with the kart.


Reminders:
- Wear comfortable shoes for driving. I was wearing my sneaker wedge which made it a bit difficult to press on the gas.
- Tie your hair up. There should be no excess hair dangling for it may get caught in the engine. The kart is small for one person to fit, with the engine on your right side.

I'm a terrible driver. I remember I rode the bicycle, drove down a slope and crashed. I had bruises then. I rode a scooter and drove down a slope (again) and crashed. I rode a manual motorcycle with Soshi as a passenger, I wasn't able to clutch down, crashing the bike along with me and Soshi. So I was a bit terrified driving the kart. The instructions were simple, but pretty nerve-wrecking for me.


We had a lot of fun! I crashed twice, one on the sharp right turn after the downward slope and one while Soshi was trying to race with me.. hahaha.. Driving was fun, specially when there are no other cars beside you.

Have you tried Kart Racing? 

Let's swap stories at the comments below!


CityKart Racing Makati
Circuit Makati, Barangay Carmona, Makati City
Hours :
Monday to Thursday : 3:00pm to 12:00am
Friday to Sunday : 10:00am to 12:00am
website
Like their Facebook page



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. That looks an awesome place. I'm gonna try to visit it. I'm pretty sure me and my friends are going to love it. Anyway, here's how to go to Circuit Makati, this might help you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Featured Post

Unwrapping Joy: The Enticing Charm of Advent Calendars

The holiday season is upon us, and with it comes the magic of Christmas. One delightful tradition that adds to the anticipation and exciteme...