Review: Gefseis Greek Grill La Union

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Gefseis is a newly opened restaurant when we visited in La Union. It's location is near the highway, across the Sebay Surf Central . It was recommended by a friend so we decided to try it for lunch before surfing.


Honestly, it was my first time trying Greek food. I shy away from Greek restaurants in the Metro because it was way beyond my budget and that I'm a bit hesitant about the strong flavors of Greek Food.

The prices of the food at Gefseis was affordable compared to the Metro, so I didn't hesitate to give it a try. I ordered the Chicken souvlaki while my friends had the Kotópoulo filéto.


Chicken Souvlaki
The Chicken Souvlaki was served w/ french fries, tomato,onion, garlic sauce and hot sauce all wrapped in bread. The sauces and onions contributed to the strong flavor but overall it tasted nice.

Kotópoulo filéto


Kotópoulo filéto had the same ingredients as the Soulvaki except that everything was served on the side. It has the same Grilled chicken fillet, french fries, tomato,onion, garlic sauce and hot sauce.

Soshi was also hesitant so I let him try the Spaghetti. Their spaghetti looked like the normal red-sauced spaghetti, but tasted way different. It had prominent cinammon taste which I'm not sure if it is a good thing or bad thing. My tastebuds was adjusting to the taste so I can't say if it was good or not. (It's my first time going Greek, ahaha)


For dessert, since everyone was full, we had the typical Greek dessert, Baklava. It is made with Greek Phyllo with Candied Walnut and Honey Syrup. It tasted nice, sweet and crunchy.


I would love to try the lamb but we were surfing after so I opted for a light lunch. Overall, Greek food is an okay for me. I wouldn't shy away from it once I see one in the Metro.



Gefseis Greek Grill
Urbiztodo, San Juan, La Union
Contact No: (072) 603-0183 / +639216049989
Facebook Page
Instagram: @GefseisGreekGrill

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Featured Post

Unwrapping Joy: The Enticing Charm of Advent Calendars

The holiday season is upon us, and with it comes the magic of Christmas. One delightful tradition that adds to the anticipation and exciteme...