Winter Skincare Guide: Navigating the BeRRR Months with Radiant Skin

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

As you feel the cold breeze on your cheeks, your body recognizes that winter is around the corner.

We gear up with layers to keep our bodies warm and our skin demands extra care to combat dryness and cracks. In this Winter Edition blog post, I'll walk you through my winter skincare routine, sharing tips on what worked for my skin through the years. A little reminder, everyone's skin is unique, so take my advice with a pinch of salt and adjust according to your needs.
Winter Skincare Routine Be Carol

For some background, I have normal sensitive skin (I guess this runs in our family). It is a combination, yet during the wintertime, my skin tends to crack more, meaning it is dehydrated. I am in my late thirties, which is why I tend to use more products now compared to before. I need to preserve some youthful glow to prevent my face from turning into raisins just yet. Thanks to my Asian genetics (and size), I somehow appear much younger than my age here in Europe. Let me take you to my Winter Skincare routine..


Morning Bliss: Protecting and Nourishing

Normally in the morning, my routine is simple. I start with micellar water followed by Cerave Facial Lotion with SPF. Simple yet effective, this combo provides a protective base for the day. It is helpful on those days when I am in a rush or I have an overwhelming day ahead.

Winter Skincare Morning Routine Be Carol

If time permits, I add these steps to my morning routine. After the micellar water, I use the Pyungkang Yul Essence next to rehydrate my skin. I follow it up with the Protini Peptide Moisturizer from Drunk Elephant. I also use the Garnier Vitamin C serum and The Ordinary's Ascorbic Acid with Alpha Arbutin oil back to back to help brighten my face. A gentle massage in between steps ensures each product sinks in before I move on to the next step, then I finish the routine with Cerave moisturizer.

Winter Skincare Routine Be Carol


Evening Ritual: Unwinding and Repairing

Evenings are dedicated to unwinding. I first cleanse with Nivea Derma Gel Face Wash with Salicylic Acid, ensuring a clean canvas for the night routine. Following cleansing, I apply the Pyungkang Yul Essence for rehydration. Then comes the Inkylist Niacinamide serum next, and the crucial Retinol from Drunk Elephant. Our skin loses its collagen as we age and retinol helps our skin to regenerate collagen for plump skin. I have heard from the dermatologists in TikTok that Niacinamide and Retinol work hand in hand to increase collagen production in our skin which results in bright and plump skin.

Winter Skincare Evening Routine Be Carol

An extra step I added involves a Collagen Serum from Iskin, for a radiant glow. I seal the deal with a thick layer of Natural Moisturizing Factors Moisturizer from Etos. I wait for a few seconds in between steps to give time for the product to seep into my skin. I do a patting and swiping motion, as to how you do it with a guasha, but instead of a tool, I use my hands.

Winter Skincare Routine Be Carol


With a penchant for trying new products, I occasionally switch things up. However, I make it a rule to finish a product before introducing a new one. Patience is key, especially when incorporating powerful ingredients like retinol. My journey involved trial and error, with some products that worked and did not work within my routine.

Skincare is a personal journey, of rediscovering what will make you more confident in your own skin. It is also a form of self-care, where we slow down and take the time to take care of our face. You go through different skincare routines, just like how you go through life in general.


Ready to face winter with a revitalized skincare routine? 

Share your winter skincare tips in the comments, and let's build a community of radiant, confident individuals together!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Featured Post

Unwrapping Joy: The Enticing Charm of Advent Calendars

The holiday season is upon us, and with it comes the magic of Christmas. One delightful tradition that adds to the anticipation and exciteme...