Valero Eat Street 2

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Food Bazaars and Hawker Weekend Markets are sprawled everywhere and shaping up the foodie scene. For a limited number of days, you get to choose from a variety of dishes from different vendors at an affordable price. Most of the vendors that join these bazaars are budding entrepreneurs that has a product they wish to test out in the market.


On their second installment, Valero Eat Street is again opening their doors to eager foodies to give them a glimpse of the food scene in Salcedo. The foodie festival was held at Signa Residences Makati, a posh residential place squeezed in Makati CBD. Valero Eat Street is at the al-fresco atrium of Signa Residences, which made the whole deal comfortable despite the scorching humid heat.


Of course, I can't pass this opportunity up when Zomato invited me as one of their VIP guest to check out the scene. It is literally a foodie's dream! Here's what's waiting for us VIPs that day:



I came in past lunchtime, I thought I was early, but I was wrong. There were a lot of eager foodies who were already there browsing through different food booths. Here are some of the booths I stopped by and took a grub:

McCormick


The McCormick booth had two tea concoctions, the Tarragon Iced Tea and Rosemary Iced Tea. Both tea had an interesting taste. I prefer the Tarragon tea over the Rosemary tea.


The recipe was also visible in their booth, just in case you want to recreate it at home using the McCormick herbs.



Inasalan


Inasalan is your typical grilled meat booth. They offer Chicken Inasal, Grilled Liempo and Pork BBQ (which was tasty btw!) They have me tried all their grilled meats. 



Pizza Morena


I wasn't able to get a box of pizza because there were already 5 VIPs who claimed before me. (*sad*). They are selling their pizza by the box and not by slices. Their pizzas were loved by many as a lot of people were lining up to order a box.


Serbesa Manila


Serbesa Manila serves craft beers with pica pica treats. It was just around lunchtime, a bottle of beer seemed to be a great idea with the scorching heat. They have a variety of local and imported craft beers. 


I was able to try their pica pica platter which comprises of habanero and lime sweet potato fries with pico de gallo. It was simple yet surprisingly delicious.



Pepi Cubano


Cubanos are recently going mainstream, thanks to the movie "Chef". You won't have to wonder where to get good cubanos in the heart of Makati because Pepi Cubano has them in different varieties. 


One whole sandwich can be shared by two people. I tried the classic cubano just to get aquainted to its taste. The picture below is just half of my cubano (I had the other half wrapped), I only finished a quarter because I'm trying to condition my stomach for other sample treats from different booths.



Pink Panda


Pink Panda brought their Asian dishes at Valero Eat Street for people to try. Their posh store is actually along Makati Ave. I was able to try their Malaysian Chicken Wings, which was "sulit" because the wings were big and bursting with flavors..



Ice Pops Manila

Since it was scorching hot that time, Ice Pops was a savior. The concept was interestingly unique because it is quite similar to manong sorebetero's dirty ice cream cart. The difference is that Ice Pops were made right then and there. They just pour the pureed juice into these chilled molds and wait for the Popsicle to form.


I tried one of their boozy pops, Strawberry Mojito. It was actually good and refreshing, real pureed strawberries with just a tiny amount of kick. You can devour a lot of these popsicles and not notice the effect of alcohol.



Bait's


Bait's is a new restaurant that open within the Signa Residences Compound. It specializes in seafood dishes with a European flair. But what I got to try that time was their burger sliders. The patty was thicker than the actual bun itself!



Bao Manila


Bao Manila's mantau sandwiches are my favorite. Soft manatu bun stuffed with pork belly and veggies. You can't go wrong with that combo. Better eat it while it's still hot.



Canolli and Co.


I got thirsty from all the samples I've been trying, so I bought a Lemongrass cooler at Canolli and Co.'s booth. The owners were very friendly and accommodating that they have me tried their very own and proudly made canolli. 


Their canolli is far different than the canolli I've tried at Italian Market. Their version is more of the dessert type, which I definitely like. Yum!

Overall, I didn't realize I was eating that much food. I had fun trying out different types of food from each booth. Thank you so much Zomato for inviting me to Valero Eat Street! 

Valero Eat Street 2 was brought to you by Ampersand Collective, The Fat Kid Inside, Mothership F&B, Robinsons Residences, and McCormick Philippines.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Featured Post

Unwrapping Joy: The Enticing Charm of Advent Calendars

The holiday season is upon us, and with it comes the magic of Christmas. One delightful tradition that adds to the anticipation and exciteme...