New dishes at Arrozeria Century City Mall Makati

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Arrozeria means "House of Rice" in Spanish. Arrozeria opened a few months at Century City Mall to offer authentic Spanish cuisine, specializing in rice dishes (hence the name). The Filipino culture have been brought up loving rice in general. Meaning, a Filipino meal will not be a complete meal without rice. With that, an invite from Arrozeria to try their new dishes definitely made my tummy do summersaults.


Eversince they opened, Arrozeria have been receiving good feedback on how good their paellas are. So I was really excited to try out their new dishes. Here are the dishes that'll be available in their store for you to try:




We started off with their Sangria. You can choose which base you like, either red wine or rose. For me, I liked the rose one because the hint of alcohol is very minimal. But remember: Drink moderately.

Tabla de Pates (Php395)

The platter of pates and dips is actually interesting. I may have forgotten their names,but I do remember loving the third one because of its distinct robust flavor. I enjoyed these toasted slices of bread by dipping/spreading these three dips. I particularly liked the mushroom dip.


Starters/Tapas

What I loved about Spanish cuisine is their delectable tapas. Arrozeria indeed have delicious new tapas in store for diners.


Albondigas con Championes (Php375)

Lengua Frita (Php380)


Pimiento Rellenos (Php295)

All these three tapas are delicious. It will remind you of your grandmother's homey cooked dishes. The Manchega salad reminded me of summer because of its citrus-y taste which made the salad more fresh and tasty.

Manchega (Php295)


Rice and Starches

Paellas!

Of course, you can't miss Arrozeria's selection of paellas. Traditionally, Paellas fron Valencia, Spain are cooked al dente and served in a thin layer. But we Filipinos enjoyed our paellas soft and wet. But whichever you prefer, Arrozeria got you covered. That morning, we tried their al dente paellas.

Abanda (Php790)
Remolacha Y Trigueros (Php250)

I have mentioned from my previous post that I normally don't like beetroot but this risotto is another miracle. I enjoyed this beetroot risotto because it is creamy despite the beetroot aftertaste.

Valenciana (Php590)

I liked my paella moist and saucy so I found the paellas at Arrozeria too dry to my liking. I know what you'll all say, "Paellas are traditionally made that way!" but that's just me, being a fickle-minded foodie.

Arroz con Costra (Php750)

Desserts

Arrozeria also offers desserts to cap your hearty (and starchy) meal. Two among the newly added dessert are these babies:

Tarta de Chocolate (Php195)

I liked the Tarta de Chocolate better just because the semi frio's texture was not good. I fondly liked a gelato/ice cream texture of a semi frio, but their version was different. I liked the tartiness of the semi frio, but the texture just didn't seem right to my tastebuds.

Calamansi Semi Frio (Php225)

Overall, Arrozeria have sticked to bringing original classic paella but made adjustments that will suite the fickle Filipino foodie palate. I like my paella moist and saucy, so I'll be glad to come back and have their paella wet and moist. Arrozeria had a lot of other delicious dishes you can try aside from paella, some  interesting tapas that would really go well with their sangria and maybe a couple spanish beers.


How do you like your Paella? 

Share it in the comments below!


Arrozeria 
Century City Mall, Makati City
Like their Facebook Page

ArroZeria Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Featured Post

Unwrapping Joy: The Enticing Charm of Advent Calendars

The holiday season is upon us, and with it comes the magic of Christmas. One delightful tradition that adds to the anticipation and exciteme...