Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Friday, March 12, 2010

I badly need some divine intervention right now. My life is kind of at crisis and its driving me crazy.

This Novena Prayer had been pretty famous for its commonly prayed by people who are in despair and in desperate need of help from the Lord Almighty (just like me!). 



 Divine Jesus You have said, “Ask, and you shall receive; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.”  Behold me kneeling at Your feet, filled with a lively faith and confidence in the promises dictated by Your Sacred Heart and pronounced by Your adorable lips, I come to ask this favor: (Here silently mention your petitions) 

To whom can I turn, if not to You whose Heart is the source of all graces and merits?  Where should I seek, if not in the treasure which contains all the riches of Your kindness and mercy?  Where must I knock if not at the door through which God gives himself to us and through which we go to God?  I have recourse to You, Heart of Jesus.  In you I find consolation when afflicted, protection when persecuted, strength when burdened with trials, and light in doubt and darkness.

Dear Jesus, I firmly believe that You can grant me the grace I implore, even though it should require a miracle.  You have only to will it, and my prayer will be granted.  I admit that I am most unworthy of Your favors, but this is not a reason for me to be discouraged.  You are the God of mercy and You will not refuse a contrite heart   Cast upon me a look of mercy, I beg of You, and Your kind heart will find in my miseries and weakness a reason for granting my prayer.

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, whatever maybe Your decision with regard to my request, I will never stop adoring, loving, praising, and serving You.  My Jesus, be pleased to accept this my act of perfect resignation to the decrees of Your adorable Heart which I sincerely desire may be fulfilled in and by me and all Your creatures forever.

Sacred heart of Jesus, I know that there is but one thing impossible to You: to be without pity  for those who are suffering or in distress.  Look upon me, I beg of You, dear Jesus, and grant me the grace for which I humbly  implore You, through the Immaculate Heart of Your most sorrowful Mother.  You have entrusted me to her as her child, and her prayers are all-powerful with You. Amen.

O Lord, I pray that in my home, peace, quiet and well being may prevail under the shadows of Your Holy mantle.  Bless and protect, O Lord, my endeavors,  my enterprises, and all those who depend on me and everything that I long for and desire.  Banish from my mind and my heart false ideas and evil sentiments.  Infuse in me a love of my neighbor and grant me the means to help him.  Give me resignation and fortitude of spirit in time of adversity, so that I may rise above the contradictions of life.  Guide and protect, O Lord, my own who are exposed to the dangers and contingencies of the world.  Do not forget, O my Jesus, our loved ones with whom we are united in life and whose departure from this earth caused us sorrow, at the same time consoled by the thought that, because they remained faithful to You, You did not abandon them at the hour of death.  Have pity on them, O Lord, and bring them their eternal glory in heaven.  Amen.

This is another version of the Novena:

Efficacious Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

I. O my Jesus, you have said: "Truly I say to you, ask and you will receive, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you." Behold I knock, I seek and ask for the grace of...... (here name your request)
Our Father....Hail Mary....Glory Be to the Father....Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.


II. O my Jesus, you have said: "Truly I say to you, if you ask anything of the Father in my name, he will give it to you." Behold, in your name, I ask the Father for the grace of.......(here name your request) Our Father...Hail Mary....Glory Be To the Father....Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

III. O my Jesus, you have said: "Truly I say to you, heaven and earth will pass away but my words will not pass away." Encouraged by your infallible words I now ask for the grace of.....(here name your request) Our Father....Hail Mary....Glory Be to the Father...Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, for whom it is impossible not to have compassion on the afflicted, have pity on us miserable sinners and grant us the grace which we ask of you, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, your tender Mother and ours.
Say the Hail, Holy Queen and add: St. Joseph, foster father of Jesus, pray for us.

O most holy Heart of Jesus, fountain of every blessing, I adore Thee, I love Thee and with a lively sorrow for my sins, I offer Thee this poor heart of mine.  Make me humble, patient, pure and wholly obedient to Thy will. 
Grant, good Jesus, that I may live in Thee and for Thee.  Protect me in the midst of danger; comfort me in my afflictions; give me health of body, assistance in my temporal needs, Thy blessing on all that I do, and the grace of a holy death.  Within Thy Heart I place my every care.  In every need let me come to Thee with humble trust saying, Heart of Jesus help me.  

Ejaculations 

Merciful Jesus, I consecrate myself today and always to Thy Most Sacred Heart. 
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus I implore, that I may ever love Thee more and more. 
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in Thee. 
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us! 
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I believe in Thy love for me. 
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine. 
Sacred Heart of Jesus Thy Kingdom Come. 
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, convert sinners, save the dying, deliver the Holy Souls in Purgatory.  

on an ending note:
I truly wanted to move on in this phase of my life, to fully discover the things that needs most of attention. I firmly believe there is a purpose with my existence. With that, I assume I have done my part on this phase and believe that there are many things outside this phase that I need to give attention.  

Credits:
-www.ewtn.com/devotionals/heart/sh_novena.htm
- www.rcam.org/novena/sacredheart.htm
-www.theworkofgod.org/novenash.htm
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Featured Post

Unwrapping Joy: The Enticing Charm of Advent Calendars

The holiday season is upon us, and with it comes the magic of Christmas. One delightful tradition that adds to the anticipation and exciteme...