Mother's Day

Monday, May 11, 2009

zwani.com myspace graphic comments
Myspace Graphics


May 10 was the official date of the Mother's Day celebration. Mother's Day is commonly celebrated every 2nd sunday on the month of May. I had texted and greeted my mom.

Prior to my post on Friendster, and may I quote:
"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us when adversity takes the place of prosperity when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."
--Washington Irving


Happy Mother's Day to all your mothers and those who are a full pledge moms already. I salute all the moms in the world coz what moms can do in order to give her child the best in this world is not an easy job. It takes a lot of patience and maturity to fully understand one's child.

For my mom, I love you very much. Now as i grow old, I can fully see and appreciate the reasons for all the things you have done for our family.

Say how you feel and how grateful you are to your moms not only this day but all year round.


It was refreshing coz I was able to reminisce on all the things my mom did in order to raise us as God fearing and better individuals.

When I was a child, my mom was super strict, especially with me. She would often punish us every time we commit mistakes so that we would learn. I remember my mom being an OC and super neat freak. Every morning, before we go out and play, she would make sure we did our household duties, tidying up the bed and not forgetting to eat breakfast. As we grow older, our mom assigned and delegated to us sisters the household chores, specifically for me since I'm the eldest. We are always asked to make sure we sweep the floor before plumping ourselves in front of the television set while she was busy cooking our food and she would always make sure we did the sweeping right, not one single dirt must be left on the floor. She always reminded us to come home to put a towel on our backs when we are soaked with sweat form playing or else she will be very mad for our negligence of our health. She once told us to refrain from playing under the sun for too long so as not to get lice on our long hair. We often get pinched because we usually did not listen to her. But then in order not to get pinched (coz it really hurt) we would obey her even if it was something we did not want to do (you know a child's mind especially when it comes to playing).

As we grow old, She tried her best to send us to the best catholic schools in our placewhile we are still young and she often join us during sunday masses when we had to have our mass card signed by the parish priest as a requirement for the religion subject. She made sure that our faith is in tact while we are still young. That time, I did not understand on why we have to wake up so early every sunday just to go to church when we can see it on TV. She told us then that it would be better if we attended it too and received communion. As an incentive with us tagging along against our will then (I hated waking up sice I was up quite late for watching too much tv), we would go out to eat at a restaurant or spend some leisure time at the mall in which on the latter part we eventually enjoyed going to mass because of that part.

When I became a young adult, we all know that teenage years are the most rough part of life because it may break you, It's the stage of confusion, I had my own share of confusion and rebellious vision that time, but I was thankful that our mom raised us to know that they care for us too much that's why they are being strict. I was rebellious that time but afraid to go against the will of my parents for I remembered the fourth commandment "Honor thy father and mother" and it etched in my mind that adults know better because they have been through that stage also. So I devised sneaky ways in order to fulfill the wishes of my teenage heart. But then I was too cautious so that my mom will not know ny of the activities I was doing outside the school. I was always at the malls or someone else's house because i did not want to stay at home. I dated almost every guy that expressed interest in me. I know she had the slightest idea of what I am doing outside the house but had allowed me to explore myself just as long as I have to be responsible with my actions. I was not proud of it but then I learned my lessons the hard way, lost trust, betrayal, gossips, etc.. But then since I know myself better, I was able to learn from it and get through it slightly bruised.

Now that I'm already an adult (ironically speaking), I find allthose things that my mom did very helpful. I was able to be who I am right now because of my parents, especially my mom (since she was a hands-on mom when we are still children) I was able to fully understand myself, my beliefs and faith. I feel like i am now geared for the real battle, the real world of adults.

zwani.com myspace graphic comments
Myspace Graphic Codes


Thank you for everything Mom. Though you left us in order to work abroad, I know that you are just exploring the outside walls of the country coz you have always wanted to see the world. I deeply appreciate all the things you have done for our family. I am thankful that you are our mother. I believe you are the best mom for me, flaws and everything.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Featured Post

Unwrapping Joy: The Enticing Charm of Advent Calendars

The holiday season is upon us, and with it comes the magic of Christmas. One delightful tradition that adds to the anticipation and exciteme...