lost fone..

Thursday, April 30, 2009

I lost my beloved fone right before holy week. For some unknown reason, it just left my back. I am not quite certain if I really lost it or someone snatched it in the pocket of my bag. I have learned to love that fone of mine. It is a Toshiba white 803T, its the same one that dao ming su had in Hana Yori Dango, mine was just white. My aunt from Japan gave it to me 2 years ago. It was not the best fone, but I liked it coz it was all that I needed, a nice 2MP camera, Mp3 player with expandable 512MB miniSD card plus I could call and text with it. I really missed that fone, it somehow has a sentimental value for me, because it was the first fone that I had as a gift and it was brand new. throughout the years, my fone has always been the second hand kind because my parents could not affod the fone I wanted, thus bought me the cheaper one second hand. I am not complaining about it, and it was just fine. Gosh, now that I have part time work, maybe I could reward myself with a kick ass fone, not necessarily the latest model, but the nicest perhaps.

Gosh, I've been eyeing to have an Iphone. The first news that it was available here, my boyfriend couldn't get enough of it and wanted it so badly, but it costs like 30k. It was not that cheap.
I, being the practical kind, kind of told my boyfriend that it will be a waste of money to buy an Iphone when there are also nicer fones with much lower price. But when we went to Digital Walker in Greenhills, I get to touch a real working Iphone (because it was on display). I really fell in love with it. It has a sleek design with the nicest features i have seen. (Since I got used to using my boyfriend's macbook) Other latest and newest fone brands like Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola and others pale in comparison. But then even though I wanted an Iphone also, I believe I couldn't afford one for now. Maybe I'll let the price go down to like 20k then maybe i'll decide to buy one.

For now, I've been using an old phone that I found at home. It is a basic fone used for calls and texting only.


Here are some info about Iphone:



Iphone is like a combination of an Ipod and a mobile fone, which is a nice combination for me

Technical Specification (from the Apple website):

Size and weight1

(Iphone has a very sleek and classy design which I love..)
Height:
4.5 inches (115.5 mm)
Width:
2.4 inches (62.1 mm)
Depth:
0.48 inch (12.3 mm)
Weight:
4.7 ounces (133 grams)

Color

  • 8GB model: Black
  • 16GB model: Black or white

Capacity2

  • 8GB or 16GB flash drive

Cellular and wireless

  • UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
  • GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
  • Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
  • Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR

GPS

  • Assisted GPS11

Display

  • 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
  • 480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 ppi
  • Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously

Audio

  • Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
  • Audio formats supported: AAC, Protected AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
  • User-configurable maximum volume limit

Headphones

  • Stereo earphones with built-in microphone
  • Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
  • Impedance: 32 ohms

Video

  • Video formats supported: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

Camera and photos

( the camera features of an Iphone is wuite disppointin because it neither has a auto focus or flash or some stuff like that that other fone brands usually have. But then, I think it will be too much if they put like a cybershoit camera feature in Iphone, it will become the ultimate fone with the ultimate price... hehehe..)
  • 2.0 megapixels
  • Photo geotagging
  • iPhone and third-party application integration

Language support

  • Language support for English, French, German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Polish, Turkish, and Ukrainian
  • International keyboard and dictionary support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France), French (Canada), German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Korean (no dictionary), Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Polish, Turkish, and Ukrainian

Mail attachment support

  • Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)

Sensors

  • Accelerometer ( I think this is the next big thing in the fone technology department, it is really nice secially when you're playing cool games..)
  • Proximity sensor
  • Ambient light sensor

Power and battery

  • Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery3
  • Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
  • Talk time:4
    Up to 5 hours on 3G
    Up to 10 hours on 2G
  • Standby time: Up to 300 hours5
  • Internet use:
    Up to 5 hours on 3G6
    Up to 6 hours on Wi-Fi7
  • Video playback: Up to 7 hours8
  • Audio playback: Up to 24 hours9

Mac system requirements

  • Mac computer with USB 2.0 port
  • Mac OS X v10.4.10 or later
  • iTunes 7.7 or later

Windows system requirements

  • PC with USB 2.0 port
  • Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later
  • iTunes 7.7 or later

Environmental requirements

(the good things about apple is that they adhere to environmental policies that is implemented worldwide such as reduction with the use of POP's, Lead, Mercury and other chemical substance on thier products, which is harmful to the environment but commonly used in semiconductors and electronics industry)
  • Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F
    (0° to 35° C)
  • Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F
    (-20° to 45° C)
  • Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
  • Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Featured Post

Unwrapping Joy: The Enticing Charm of Advent Calendars

The holiday season is upon us, and with it comes the magic of Christmas. One delightful tradition that adds to the anticipation and exciteme...